Coaches: The BBI offers you an opportunity to identify and recognize special gymnasts!
The Brian Babcock Memorial Scholarship was established by the Parkettes National Gymnastics Training Center in January of 1999 to honor his significant contributions to the sport of gymnastics. Throughout his gymnastics career, as a gymnast and a coach, Brian was a leader who time and time again proved the value of hard work and a positive attitude. More than a great competitor, he was a mentor and a friend. His contagious smile and loving personality touched all who knew him.
It is with great pride that the Parkettes presents this award to an outstanding gymnast in the 2016 Brian Babcock Memorial invitational. The selected gymnast will receive a $1,000 scholarship in Brian's honor. The winner will be announced at the completion of the Jr./Sr. Cup competition.Eligibility:
- Full-time high school student
- Competitive gymnast (any Level)
- Present at the 2016 Brian Babcock Invitational
- Application my be received no later than January 1, 2018
- Submit a letter of recommendation from the applicants coach or program director on gym/team letterhead.
- Submit an essay of no more than 500 words, written and signed by the applicant. The essay topic is "How gymnastics has played an important role in my life."
- Applicants are urged to be creative. The qualities of DESIRE, DETERMINATION, and DEDICATION should be addressed.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from the applicants high school principal, guidance counselor or teacher of school letterhead (optional).
- Applicant must include any other relevant information that could help the committee assess the application.
DO NOT LET THIS TERRIFIC OPPORTUNITY PASS YOUR TEAM BY
All entries can be mailed to: The Brian Babcock Scholarship Committee c/o Parkettes National Gymnastics Training Center, 401 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Allentown, PA 18102.
Scholarship will be awarded following the Level 10 meet on Saturday.